With the parish mission statement as our foundation, the mission of the Visitation School of Religion is:
to create a sense of community and belonging for children of the parish who are not enrolled in the parish school
to assist their parents in sharing the tradition of our Catholic faith
to teach, lead and encourage students in the practice of prayer
to encourage a familiarity and love of Scripture
to help foster an awareness of the presence of God in their daily lives
to foster an awareness of the social teaching of the Church
If you have questions or need additional information about the School of Religion, please contact the parish office at 753-7422.
Classes begin September 13.
• School of Religion is a catechetical program that serves the children of Visitation and St. Peter’s parishes and their families.
• NEW! Classes are for Kindergarten – 9th graders on Monday evenings from 5:15 – 6:15 pm at Visitation Church/ Tighe Hall/Youth Room.
• We use a lectionary-based curriculum that includes age-appropriate lessons from the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
• Non-Catholic neighbors are also welcomed to register for S.O.R. While explicitly Catholic in doctrine and identity, each lesson is rooted in Scripture and therefore is ecumenically friendly.
• NEW! Adult Bible Study offered during class time for S.O.R. parents and any parish adult.
• NEW! Sacred spaces in the church will be open for personal or communal prayer during class.
• Second graders and their parents will receive sacramental preparation for First Penance and First Eucharist.
• Each year the S.O.R. Ministry Team plans a few Family Faith Events for all ages. These are opportunities to include younger and older siblings, grandparents, godparents and neighbors.
Click the link above to access the 2021-2022 printable schedule for this year's SOR program.
For questions or more information about School of Religion, contact Teresa Albright at 753-5155 x1306.